Japan PM says 'very clear' North Korean threat 'now entering into a new stage'

Japanese PM Shinzo Abe speaks during a press conference with President Donald Trump at the White House on February 10, 2017 in Washington, DC.

Chip Somodevilla | Getty Images

Japanese PM Shinzo Abe speaks during a press conference with President Donald Trump at the White House on February 10, 2017 in Washington, DC.

“President Trump says all options are on the table. He is demonstrating this position both by words and by action. We regard this highly,” he said.

Earlier on Monday, Pyongyang announced that it had successfully conducted yet another ballistic missile test over the weekend. The launch was designed to assess whether the newly developed mid-to-long range rocket was capable of carrying a large-scale heavy nuclear
warhead, according to North Korea’s state-owned media.

The Japanese PM also acknowledged North Korea’s technological advancement following the pariah state’s latest missile test.

“It is indeed very clear that the threat posed by North Korea’s missile and nuclear program is now entering into a new stage. That is our recognition,” Abe said.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates on the interview.

Source link

About the Author

Leave A Response